trundle (n.)

"small wheel to support heavy weights," 1540s (implied in trundle bed "low bed on small wheels"), possibly from Middle English trendle "wheel, suspended hoop" (early 14c.), from Old English trendel "ring, disk" (see trend (v.)). Also probably in part from Old French trondeler "to roll down, fall down," which is of Germanic origin.

trundle (v.)

1590s (transitive), from trundle (n.). Intransitive use from 1620s. Related: Trundled; trundling.

Others Are Reading